.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Beadweaving and Crochet Blog

Friday, August 05, 2005

Spike Stitch Bag WIP

I saw the pattern for a spike stitch sham at Crochet Me! and decided to adapt it and make a bag to felt. I frogged it 3X as I couldn't get the spikes to go straight. I used hdc's instead of sc's as what the pattern called for. As it is my first time to try felting, I don't know if I should attach all the pieces before felting or to felt the pieces first before sewing them together. This is after 5 hours of crocheting following the exact pattern.....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The wool yarn is from my swap partner Cheryl aka diamond from the Sea of Yarn swap. Thanks so much for your generosity, Cheryl!

6 Comments:

  • very nice!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:47 AM  

  • Thanks, Melissa! I see that we are both a Virgo! :-)

    By Blogger jaclim, at 4:25 PM  

  • Looks great!

    I'm working on the pillow sham. It did take me awhile to get the stiches right too, but I love the look.

    By Blogger Vera, at 4:44 PM  

  • Thanks, Vera! I hope you post a picture of your pillow sham after you're done. :-)

    By Blogger jaclim, at 6:31 AM  

  • This will look really unique felted. Great idea. Attach all the pieces together into the purse and then do the felting. Can't wait to see the finished project.

    By Blogger Jewels, at 7:38 PM  

  • Thanks for answering my question, Julie! I've finished the second rectangle and have to see if I have enough yarn left to make the sides.....lol!

    By Blogger jaclim, at 5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home