.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Beadweaving and Crochet Blog

Monday, March 27, 2006

Beaded Flower Motif pattern

I made this flower motif last year to make a scarf for woolandflax who was my partner for the summer scarf. She wanted it in variegated lavender and I made her a long scarf. I wasn't able to take a picture of it as I didn't have the camera with me and I was in a hurry to send it to her as it was almost the deadline. Kimberly (Woven N Spun) asked the pattern for this and I was hoping she'd post the pattern on her blog but she didn't so here it is. She made her version using variegated threads using 2 strands of size 10 and it turned out very pretty. It can be used as a belt as well.

Beaded Flower Motif


Materials:
small amount of size 10 cotton thread
8 pcs 4mm pearls or size 8 seed beads in matching color
size 2 steel hook

gauge is not important

Row 1 - Chain 5. Join to form a circle.
Row 2 - Ch 3. (Counts as first dc) Dc in next st drawing a bead in last thread over. Dc in next. Do this until the last dc with bead. Join to top of ch 3. (8 dc's and 8 bead dc's)
Row 3 - Sc in same st. Ch 10. Skip 1 st then sc in next st. Do this 8 times. Sl st in first sc. (8 loops)
Row 4 - Sl st in first loop. 2 sc, 3 hdc, 4 dc, 1 trc, 4 dc, 3 hdc, 2 sc in first loop and in remaining loops to form a flower. Join. Cut off and weave in ends.

You can join them by sewing the motifs together in the trc of 2 petals to the next 2 trc petals of the other motif.



5 Comments:

  • I love this flower... well because I love making flowers. This variation with the beads is really pretty. Thank you so much for sharing.

    By Blogger Kelly, at 11:45 AM  

  • so cute and adorable.

    Love from Singapore Florist :)

    By Blogger Amazing Flower, at 10:59 PM  

  • drop dead gorgeous flower love it and have been wanting to try adding beads as a friend did a clutch with beads.

    By Blogger mootseeka, at 11:54 AM  

  • I really love the pattern.

    By Blogger 42, at 4:57 AM  

  • I like your pattern but the picture is too small for me to see the layout of the beads.

    By Blogger Diana, at 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home