.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Beadweaving and Crochet Blog

Friday, May 12, 2006

Bead Soup Scrunchie Pattern

I learned bead crochet making these. Nobody taught me how to add beads to crochet. I just experimented a lot. I used size 10 cotton thread and different kinds of beads like size 8 and 6 seed beads, pearls, acrylic beads, etc. These are so much fun to make and I got hooked on bead crochet because of this. The pattern is easy for a beginner and is very versatile because you can use any kind of beads you like as long as the hole is big enough for the thread to go through. Enjoy!


Bead Soup Scrunchie
skill level: beginner

Materials:
size 10 cotton thread of your choice (you can use solid or variegated)
different bead mix (seed beads, pearls, acrylic or glass beads, etc) in colors to match your thread
steel hook #7
Goody ouchless elastic in any size

String on beads first before starting. For a full scrunchie, you need to string on about 36" long of beads. It would help if you have twisted beading needle for this.
Round 1 - Attach thread to elastic using slip stitch or you can tie a knot. Cover entire elastic with Sc's. Join to first sc.
Round 2 - Chain 7 adding a bead with each chain. sc in next sc. Bead chain 7 in same stitch. Sc in next. Do this until entire scrunchie is covered. Join. Fasten off. Weave in ends.

You can use black thread or metallic thread with rocailles or pearls for a dressier scrunchie. :-)

cotton threads available here.

3 Comments:

  • I have crocheted Pony and sports bneads ( currently working on some for our Girls JV Basketball team), but I have never tried the seed beads.
    I started getting into the seed beads a couple of yrs back, just for fun.(Bracelets)
    I am going to try this pattern.

    By Blogger KC, at 12:56 PM  

  • Welcome to my blog (http://lianginbead.spaces.live.com/) to see my new works of beads.
    Liang-In Liu from Taiwan

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:51 AM  

  • Hi I'm Susan:) I love making something by crocheting. Hope we can be a friend to share ^^

    By Blogger Pretty Mafta, at 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home