.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Beadweaving and Crochet Blog

Sunday, June 04, 2006

crochet bangles

I saw some crocheted bangles online awhile back. I'm not too fond of bangles but I wanted to try making some. I can't remember the site where I found them. Anyway, here are my versions. The striped one is crocheted in rounds using size 8 cotton thread and for the beaded one, I used size 10 acrylic thread with hematite beads and it is crocheted crosswise in a long strip before joining the ends. These were then attached to wooden bangles then I sewed the underside so they will stay in place. These were fun to make!

12 Comments:

  • Those are amazing!!

    By Blogger blondebabypeaches, at 5:03 AM  

  • Thanks! I'm glad you liked them!

    By Blogger jaclim, at 5:43 AM  

  • Vey pretty Jackie.

    By Blogger Deneen, at 5:46 AM  

  • They are great looking Jackie, you did a beautiful job on them...I love the beaded one!! Wow!!

    By Blogger Maria, at 10:29 AM  

  • Thank you, Deneen!

    By Blogger jaclim, at 12:03 AM  

  • Thank you, Maria! Should you like to try them, let me know so I can write up the pattern for you. ;-)

    By Blogger jaclim, at 12:04 AM  

  • Thanks, Jeng! You're a true friend! lol! I'm currently working on Kathy's pincushion. Hope it turns out well.....still trying the bullion.

    By Blogger jaclim, at 4:02 PM  

  • Really nice!

    By Blogger MrsFife, at 10:39 PM  

  • Thank you, misfit!

    By Blogger jaclim, at 2:47 AM  

  • Hi. I love these bangles. I would like to try them. Really beautiful.

    By Blogger Brenda, at 12:09 PM  

  • Thanks, Lee! Hope to see your version when you try these bangles.

    By Blogger jaclim, at 7:04 AM  

  • Thanks, Jessi! I didn;t know you're a bangle-type lady....lol!

    By Blogger jaclim, at 2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home