.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Beadweaving and Crochet Blog

Monday, April 10, 2006

Since Bonnie has finally gottern her shawl, it's safe to post the Butterfly Shawl I made for her. I tried 2 patterns with beads and wasn't happy. Finally decided to use a revised version of the Spring has Sprung Shawl and used the Butterfly motif from Designer Fashions. I used Monaco Raylon thread in gray and size 8 hematine-colored glass seed beads. The crocheting and stringing of the beads took about 2 hours for the edging and about 3 hours sewing on the beads for the motif. It was worth it as Bonnie was happy. It was hard to part with this. lol







I had to bribe Joshua with some candy so he will agree to try this and then have his picture taken. I wanted to see what this looks like when worn as this is for my niece. I don't do much wearables except for ponchos and shawls so this is new for me. I only know my niece's chest measurements and had to guess the rest. I made a mesh-type of sarong as I don't know how to make a matching bikini bottom. lol!
Luckily, my SIL liked the set.

6 Comments:

  • That shawl is beautiful! It would be hard to part with.

    You have to save that pic of your son to show one of his girlfriends when he is older. Of course, he may turn around and use it against you at one time (LOL)

    By Blogger Deneen, at 4:50 PM  

  • Thanks, Deneen! Bonnie was very happy with the shawl so I'm also happy. I'm really going to save this picture to let his girlfriends see it. lol!

    By Blogger jaclim, at 8:39 PM  

  • Wow! Bonnie is so lucky to be getting this gorgeous shawl. You are so talented! It's really beautiful.
    And Joshua looks adorable! That will so cute on a little girl. My son too needs a lot of coaxing and bribing if have to make him pose in a girly thing !!!

    By Blogger Yasmin, at 1:24 AM  

  • your son is adorable; what a great set for your niece.

    By Blogger Jewels, at 6:50 PM  

  • Thanks, Yasmin! Bonnie was very happy with her shawl. I admit Joshua looks terribly cute in the bikini but he told me next time I can't make him wear girly outfits anymore.....lol

    By Blogger jaclim, at 7:54 AM  

  • Thanks, Julie!

    By Blogger jaclim, at 7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home