.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Beadweaving and Crochet Blog

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Lilac (Purple) Fantasy Doily

I was browsing through CPC when I saw this pattern. I knew I had to make it as I fell in love with it. I had a little trouble with the pattern but was able to figure it out. I changed the color of the petals for the Outer Flowers. I used lilac for the first layer instead of lavender and purple instead of lilac for the second layer. I wanted a more intense color........


My son Joshua said it's beautiful and I'm happy! LOL!

8 Comments:

  • Ist that doily one of those love at first sigt ones? I fell for it too. And Also took it up immediately. Had some problem with figuring the pattern when the white thread border over the flowers comes in , but figured it how eventually. I must say, your colours look better than mine !

    By Blogger Yasmin, at 1:28 AM  

  • Your son Joshua is right, it is absolutely beautiful.

    By Blogger Deneen, at 4:49 AM  

  • Lovely doily Jackie!! Summer is coming soon here which is my doily making season, already thing of the upcoming projects to do.

    By Blogger Jewels, at 6:47 PM  

  • Thanks, Yasmin! I had trouble with the leaves and the white border as well but was able to figure it out finally.....I want to see your version. :-)))))

    By Blogger jaclim, at 6:08 AM  

  • Thanks, Deneen! Joshua's got good taste like me.....lol!

    By Blogger jaclim, at 6:10 AM  

  • I hope you make one like this, Julie....it's not so hard considering it is my second time to work with joining of motifs. Thanks!

    By Blogger jaclim, at 6:13 AM  

  • I just LOVE this doily and you did a wonderful job! I also have the pattern and is on my to-make list.

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 2:13 AM  

  • Thanks for your compliment, Elizabeth! Should you need colors like these you know where to find me......lol!

    By Blogger jaclim, at 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home