.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Beadweaving and Crochet Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Got my scarves!!!!!!

I finally got my scarves from Dawn (Dawnsrays)! I can't believe it's been sitting in the post office since May 30. I never got a notice that there's a package waiting to be picked up. It was already marked return to sender! Luckily, the guy who knows me (as I get packages every month from C'ville! LOL) kept it for me and gave it to me this morning when I went there. Inside were 3 beautiful scarves. The white with pink one is like mohair(?) with curly yarn which I have never seen before though I haven't seen much yarn in my life as only acrylic yarns are found here. LOL
The tan one is like acrylic but softer than what is available here. It's done in open mesh stitch. Last but not the least is the variegated blue one like cotton yarn. It's done in a love knot stitch.....sooooo beautiful! I've done the love knot stitch before when I made a couple of rectangular shawls but have never seen one that's done in thicker yarn. So soft!!!!! I just love them all!!!!! Thank you so much, Dawn! It was all worth the wait!!!!!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

  • Yippie!! I am so glad that the scarves got to you. I was bummed to think that they might have gotten lost or some other person had them :( The tan one is made with Wool-ease and the white one is from a re-cycled sweater! the blue is a cotton/acrylic blend. I loved making that one (it was my first attempt at that stitch). Happy day!!
    ~ DAWN

    By Blogger DAWN, at 11:33 AM  

  • Thank you, Dawn! I'm so lucky you were my swap partner! I had so much fun making thread scarves for Rebecca (woolandflax) as well.

    By Blogger jaclim, at 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home